Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mondays

Mondays were always the most difficult day of the week for us....the weekend is over and another week begins. Now that our kids are older and school is getting more fun, I actually look forward to Mondays. Every Monday is our Home schooling Co-op day. I go to bed Sunday evening with the house tidied up, the kids clean, I have showered and lunches are made. Monday morning we get to have a relaxing, yet still a bit chaotic breakfast-I do have three kids under 6years of age and a new born, together with our ABC bible devotional. The kids love this book. It has a bible verse for each letter in the alphabet and has a cute story that incorporates the bible verse and is easy for my kiddos to relate to. After everyone is "fed" and dressed we are off to Co-op for the day. I love that my kids are able to participate in such fun biblical classes and at the same time be with me. I love that I get to witness them hit milestones in their learning. I love that I get to witness my kids making new friendships. I love that I don't have to wonder about how their school day was because I was a part of it.

Now for all you home schooling Moms, or Moms with multiple little ones not yet in school, you know what it is like having kids at home 24/7. It is a blessing, but with the blessings comes a not so tidy or on most days clean house. HOWEVER, on Mondays I get to come home to a house that has not seen a spill or catastrophe all day. I don't have to cook and make a mess in the kitchen because we are either having left overs from Sunday or something is ready for us in the crock pot when we get home. Yes, Mondays are now one of my favorite days of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment