Thursday, May 28, 2009

Almost Done?

This is the question I hear daily from my kids, "Are you almost done with the school room Mommy?"
They are so excited.
I have been trying to save as much money as possible in the redo of this school room(part of the reason why it's taking so long). I have used quite a few old pieces that now have a new job. On behalf of The Shabby Nest here is a look at my Frugal Friday Chalkboard.

What do you think? I know the picture is...not so great. I don't have one of those fancy shmancy cameras like some of you....sigh. Although, if I did have one I couldn't guarentee that my pictures would be any better than they are now. Photography is not a gifting of mine. Anyhow, so my chalkboard turned out awesome. It was actually an old table that we had. I unscrewed the top, taped it off and went to town with my chalkboard paint. Buying a new one was not in the budget and I didn't like the ones I found on the internet. This one is just right....it reminds me of a really old one that would be hanging in a Sunday school room.

This too is a pretty bad shot...bare with me. I haven't gotten to the details in the room, but I have managed to find cute little containers for pencils as well as bubble gum for my little students. Have I ever mentioned that I have a small obession for containers( mostly jars)? I will post about that later.
This room doesn't have any windows so I wanted to add as much light as I could by using white furniture pieces. At the same time I didn't want it to look boring.....so I added teal as an accent color. My Mom and my sister have had a lot of fun with tea; lately....wish they blogged about it. They both have beautiful homes and creative ideas.
Can't wait to show you the rest!!! I'm almost done:)

5 comments:

  1. I love the chalk board...what a blessing for you kids!
    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chalk board. We homeschool and I bought chalkboard paint 2 years ago and am ashamed to say it is still in the closet!Great Work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chalkboard looks great, Melissa! I love it! I CANNOT WAIT to see everything else you have done! Love the colored lid on that jar. I have a serious obsession with jars...when are you and I going to go shopping together? : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chalk board is great! Love the message too. :o)

    ReplyDelete