1. Barnwood frame made into a chalkboard. Hobby lobby has great prices on the frame. Paint a board to attach to the frame with rustoleums chalkboard paint tinted to Benjamin Moore Silver Marlin.
2. Target Hawken Woven basket for storage.
3. Paint your front door black. This will warm up the room and tie in other elements mentioned in the previous design boards.
4. Drop cloths used as drapes and bamboo blinds would look great in your front window.
5. Add some pillows like the ones shown or make a few from the chevron fabric used in your master and school room. I recommend painting your family room walls Benjamin Moore Husky.