Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Embarrassing moments with kids

Kids are so honest. Most of the time they will say exactly how they feel and what they are thinking
This is my little man.

You always know how he feels. He doesn't hide his emotions.

I love this about him. I love that he feels safe to tell me when I have hurt him or said or acted in a way that has made him sad. I love that he is observant and reminds me when I am doing well with something that I have been struggling with. I love that he has a huge heart that is full of forgiveness and love. I love that at 5 years of age he still loves to hold my hand and give me hugs. I love that I can always know how he is feeling and what he is thinking.
And I love that his honesty, at times, leads to embarrassing yet funny moments!!!

The other day we were at Meijer making a made dash to get a cart. We make made dashes to get these two seated cart things because our Meijer decided to only have two for all the frazzled Moms to fight over. Anyhow, as we were claiming our cart a very out of shape, sweaty man wearing no shirt and cut off jeans walks out of the store......right next to little Darren. Oh, I wish I could have had a camera. His face was completely shocked!!! He stopped in his tracks and looked at me. I just knew he was going to say exactly what was on his mind. So what did he say in his loudest voice possible? "Wow mom, it must be really embarrassing to be naked at the grocery store." This was said in a voice that I am sure was heard by the "naked" guys ears. I could have died!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely hilarious! Love this story. Kids are so awesome! Thanks for a good laugh! That little Darren is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great story! that darren is such a unique caring boy. you sum up his amazing personality perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. melissa....thanks for stopping by...i'm glad we've connected :) your family is beautiful! and this story is hilarious!!!!

    i'm looking forward to seeing what you've done with the boys' room!

    ReplyDelete