Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Remeber my last few post?

Remember my post on Monday? It read, "Today is a good day." Well, today has not been a good day. It has been totally chaotic....to the point of laughter( is that spelled correct? These phonics lessons with Ella are totally screwing up my spelling ability). Anyhow, it started off with a trip to the grocery with four hungry kids. Can I get an Amen from all those Mama's with multiple kids who dare to venture to the store? My kids usually run around and get some energy out, snack on some cheese from the Deli (after listening to the Deli lady tell me how full my hands are and how I look like I need a break or some cheese), argue who gets to push the cart or sit in the cart, ask a million times if they can have a cookie from the bakery(why do bakery ladies do that to us Mom's?), and pretty much touch every piece of candy in the checkout. And can I ask why Meijer got rid of their penny horse rides? That was my saving grace. After I checked out I realized that I forgot diapers...darn-it. So, we left our cart and off we went to get diapers. All the kids wanted to help carry them so Ella and Darren carried one box and Graham helped me carry the other. Have I mentioned that Graham LOVES diaper boxes? He likes to sit on them and pretend that he is flying a DD (aka airplane) which is the other thing that he LOVES. Well he decided that he did not want any help from any one while carrying this box. He could carry it, but it was a bit heavy and it made him walk super slow. Graham is a ham but he is also strong willed. Oh, and he only has like five words which makes it all the more difficult. So here I am with four kids and wanting to get back to my cart of purchased groceries, all the while Graham is yelling MINE to everyone who walks by....even complete strangers. I am laughing just thinking about his little determined self. We finally made to the car and off we went. I forgot to mention that I left about ten loads of laundry for myself back at home, so I was a bit on edge at the store just thinking about the monsterous mountain I had to conqure at home. Remember that poop explosion of Eden's? Yep still haven't washed the clothes. Why you ask? Well, my laundry room is getting a makeover.
You can usually stick a fork in me after we go to the store. It just takes everything out of me. But today, I had to be strong because no one had clean underwear. I put the kids down for a nap, started my first load of laundry, did school with Ella, and then....I got to lay my head down. Wait....what is that sound? It sounds like water.....hmmmmm....I should check it out. What was it you ask? Remember my post about my sad little laundry room getting a makeover? Well, it has gotten more than a makeover. I opened my laundry room door and water gushes out!! Water is EVERYWHERE. It is going out the door and down the vent in the floor. All I could say was.....well I won't repeat it but I said it a lot of times and then had another school lesson with Ella on what words not to say. This was not the worst of it. I walked down into the basement to the storage area. I opened the door and it looked like it was raining. Water, again, was EVERYWHERE!! So much stuff got ruined. Pictures, old letters, some of Darren's old photography stuff...I won't say any more cause I will probably cry. Water was even coming out of the can lights in the finished area of our basement!! By this point I was just about...laughing. It was hard to believe that all of this was really happening.
I won't go on any more about the rest of the day, which believe me will be good for another post. But I must share one last thing. In the midst of this craziness, God was with me. I felt a calmness that I have never felt before. Normally I would be my pesimistic self and complain about the situation. This time, it was different. I felt the Lord telling me that He is here and all of this "stuff" that is soaking wet is just "stuff". I felt Him saying, "put down all of this stuff that you haven't looked at in years, get rid of this stuff that you have been carrying around for years. You don't need it! All you need is me." Wow...deep...and I'm not referring to the water I was standing in. Isn't our Lord awesome? Once again I am hearing the sweet whisper of my Savior in the midst of my daily, somewhat chaotic, life. I love you Lord.

9 comments:

  1. This soon will pass....I try to tell myself that..God is good! Did you get a plumber out there pronto???? I am a plumber's wife soooo I had to ask rofl. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I had no idea that all of this was happening when you called yesterday. I could have brought dinner over or something, anything to help! haha. Please let us know if you need anything! I have some rain boots...you want those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your crazy day..sorry it was so bad..been there done that..actually have had quite a few of them lately..but thanks for the reminder to rely on God and all we need is him

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will repeat what Lexi said and say thanks for sharing. Although I wish that would not have happened to you it's comforting to know that everyone has their tough days and to be reminded that we are not alone. I hope everything has dried out and that your day is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me laughing, and feeling sad for you at the same time over the letters, pics, etc. I just want to give you a hug...because I SO relate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a gift from God. I was wondering what you were thinking while we silently cleaned up :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're up today on Motivate Me Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my. that's one for the record books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Melissa. This post was definitely funny because I can so relate. Remember that one day when I flushed Avery's panties down the toilet and dropped a full gallon of milk among other things??? Ugh. It's tough. I am so sorry that you lost some stuff but your perspective on it all is wonderful and I love that you share this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete