Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Need a new recipe?

Do you feel like you make the same meals over and over? Well, Composing Hallelujahs inspired me with her summer salad posts so I thought I would share a couple of my favorite meals with you each week.
This is becoming one of my favorite meals. It is fast, easy, and really tasty.
Here's what you need:


1 package of water chestnuts
1 bag sugar snap peas ( I use two because we like our peas)
2 T (large ones) of minced garlic. (fresh is best...I didn't have fresh)
1/3 C chopped fresh ginger
2 C brown rice
2lbs steak (which ever cut you prefer)
1 recipe for brown sauce (recipe is below)
First warm 1 T olive oil in pan. Add garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds.
Add steak and cook until evenly browned, about 3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas and cook for 2 minutes, uncovered.
It should look something like this:

Next add your brown sauce and cook until thick and bubbly. Like this:

Serve over brown rice. Sorry, no finished picture...we were hungry:)
Brown Sauce recipe:
9T soy sauce
3 T dark brown sugar
1 1/2 t corn starch
6 T iced tea or apple juice
Mix together. If you like things spicy, add 1/2-1 t hot pepper flakes.

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious,healthy and time friendly! I will have to try this, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that looks delicious, Melissa. Thanks for sharing that! I will have to get that a try very soon. Looks like something we would all like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I got my couch a few years ago at Thomasville. It was the Felicity sofa, but I don't think they make i anymore. I love it! And I'm loving your blog! You look so familiar to me...that was the first thing I noticed! haha! I've been looking for recipes with flaxseed, and I'm so excited to try your cliff bar recipe.

    ReplyDelete