Friday, June 12, 2009

The race is over!!

Big Darren had his annual triathlon this past weekend. He and his Brother Andrew got 12th place....WOO-HOO!!! I am so proud of this handsome man.

He is Handsome....Isn't HE!!

We got there early and the boys drank Gatorade

Eden played with leaves


This is what we ate the week before the race. He likes to eat lots of raw foods to insure he gets as much nutrients as possible as well as carbs from 100% whole wheat pasta.

We love pasta salad. I usually throw in whatever I have in the frig. I used whole wheat pasta, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, yellow pepper, olives, raw pecans, bacon and grilled chicken. I toss it all with a vinaigrette dressing and Parmesan cheese. Fresh fruit, green salad, and a fast pasta once a week....Healthy and easy.

3 comments:

  1. that looks like a great meal! my mouth's waterin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Way to go Darren! Jason has been looking at road bikes. He is a runner at heart but would love to get into cycling for some cross training and one of his dreams is to do a triathlon. I guess he needs to talk to your man! : ) How fun. Your pasta dinner looks delicious! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am i worth to be your friend!????? you're wonderful my sister! XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete